A busy household is very much like a business when it comes to the phone system. There are multiple phone lines, multiple inbound and outbound calls, the need to separate the kids’ line from the business line, and so on. BTA views the phone system as a crucial part of any automation project. By installing a centralized phone system, the homeowner can achieve a new level of convenience while eliminating unsightly wall clutter from outdated, single-purpose technologies like an intercom system.
Some of the benefits of an integrated phone system are:
- Provide direct room-to-room intercom and whole-house paging.
- Control which phones ring when a particular line is called during specific times of the day. For example, at night, send the office phone directly into voicemail but allow the home number to ring through to the master bedroom.
- Control when calls can be made (the kids phones do not work after 9:30pm).
- See which phones are being used and which lines are in use at a glance.
- Integrate the front door intercom to the phones so that when the door bell is pressed, designated phones ring. Once answered, a two-way conversation can happen between the phone and the front door.
- Automatically deliver a message left on the home voice mail to a pager or cell phone.
- Create separate voice mail boxes for each family member with a personal message waiting light on their designated phone.
“Speech has allowed the communication of ideas, enabling human beings to work together to build the impossible. Mankind’s greatest achievements have come about by talking, and its greatest failures by not talking. It doesn’t have to be like this. Our greatest hopes could become reality in the future. With the technology at our disposal, the possibilities are unbounded. All we need to do is make sure we keep talking.”
– Stephen Hawking